- Tips & Hints: How to Cook Eggs :
1. Soft Boiled Egg
• Place egg in a cooking pot and cover with cold water with a few drops of vinegar.
• Heat water until it gently simmers (not a full boil) and cook for three (3) minutes.
• Perfect for breakfast or brunch and served with toasted or newly-baked bread.
2. Scrambled Egg to be cooked in the microwave
• Cooking in the microwave is a quick solution for preparing “scrambled egg”, add seasoning to one beaten egg and pour into a small greased or buttered microwaveable dish. Cook at medium intensity for one minute or until the egg is cooked.
• Serve the cooked egg with bread of your choice, anytime, for breakfast or snacks.
NOTE: Never cook an egg in its shell in the microwave as egg will explode.
• Consider 2 to 3 eggs per person.
• Break eggs in a bowl. Season to taste and mix well.
• Add the garnish of your choice to the cooking omelette then fold it. Cook a few more minutes before serving with a vegetable salad or just any kind of bread, depending on taste
4. Poached Egg
• Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add a few drops of vinegar. The vinegar will allow egg white to quickly coagulate. Do not add salt as it helps egg white to separate from the yoke. Reduce heat and simmer gently.
• In a small container, carefully break egg making sure to keep egg yoke intact.
• Slide eggs, one by one, into the simmering water.
• Cook about 1 ½ minutes. The egg is ready when the white portion has coagulated and the yoke seems jelly-like under its white film.